Schedule & Parking Map
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Click here to download the full map.
Where to Park:
The Aurora Township will be providing shuttle bus service from various parking lots around the downtown area. Please look for our “Event Parking” signs at these locations:
• Lot W. This is across the street from Rocktown Adventures. Pick up will be at the kayak store at 107 Spruce Street.
• Aurora Transportation Center. This lot will be the site of the Aurora Farmers’ Market. You can attend the GreenFest and the Farmers’ Market all in one day and with one parking spot! Pick-up will be at the “Kiss and Ride” area.
• Aurora Township Office Parking Lot. Pick-up will be at the entrance to the parking lot just south of the Township office.
• City Parking, south of the Aurora Township Office. Pick-up will be at the entrance to the parking lot.
• City Garage at northwest corner of Illinois and Route 25. Pick-up point will be at the parking lot entrance.
• Fox Valley Park District Cole Center. This is across the street from McCullough Park and the Prisco Community Center. You may want to walk. Pick-up will be near the front door of the Cole Center.
What to Bring:
• We are NOT doing electronic recycling this year. For locations of other recycling facilities please go to http://www.countyofkane.org/Recycling/Pages/electronics/otherLocations.aspx
• Kane County Recycles will be holding their Recycling Extravaganza the same day as the GreenFest, on June 11th. Please go their website: http://www.countyofkane.org/Recycling/Pages/electronics/electronicsBooks.aspx to find out what they are accepting. You can recycle there and then come to the GreenFest!
• Please bring all of these things to the GreenFest:
o Cellphones. These are for Mutual Ground clients. The phones are programmed to call 911 incase of an emergency.
o Medications: Fox Metro Water Reclamation District will be doing a medication take-back inside.
o Gently used women’s business clothing. These are being collected by the Aurora Actionnaires for women in need to use for job interviews.
o Dart will be collecting Foam #6 (sometimes called Styrofoam).
o Used Books: American Association of University Women.
Dunham Fund Main Stage (Indoor)
10:30 to 11:30 Local Music Student Performances
Host: Fox River Academy of Music and Art
11:30 to 3:30 Classical Guitar
Ron and Ryan Stark from Fox River Academy of Music and Art
12:00 Welcome from Aurora GreenFest Organizers
Mavis Bates, Founder, Chairman
2015 GreenFest Organizers
12:05 “The State of Green in the City of Aurora”
Mayor Tom Weisner
12:05 “The State of Green in the U.S.”
Congressman Bill Foster
12:10 “Hello from the Dunham Fund”
Vicki Morcos, Dunham Fund Partnership Officer
Hix Brothers Main Stage (Outdoor)
10:00 to 10:30 Danza Azteka, Aztec Dancers
10:40 to 11:25 Simply Destinee Dancers
11:45 to 12:15 Hix Bros Presents: Summer Monkeys
12:30 to 12:45 Chairman Mavis Bates, Mayor Tom Weisner, Congressman Bill Foster
1:00 to 1:45 W. T. Newton
2:00 to 2:45 The Hay Shakers
3:00 to 3:45 Hix Brothers’ Soon To Be World Famous Ukulele Band
Children’s Eco-Village, Build a Bee Garden
Upcycled Art Exhibition— all day
Classical Music by Ron & Ryan Stark — Afternoon