Parking and Shuttle Info for Aurora GreenFest
Click here to download the full map.
Where to Park:
The Aurora Township will be providing shuttle bus service from various parking lots around the downtown area. Please look for our “Event Parking” signs at these locations:
• Lot W. This is across the street from Rocktown Adventures. Pick up will be at the kayak store at 107 Spruce Street.
• Aurora Transportation Center. This lot will be the site of the Aurora Farmers’ Market. You can attend the GreenFest and the Farmers’ Market all in one day and with one parking spot! Pick-up will be at the “Kiss and Ride” area.
• Aurora Township Office Parking Lot. Pick-up will be at the entrance to the parking lot just south of the Township office.
• City Parking, south of the Aurora Township Office. Pick-up will be at the entrance to the parking lot.
• City Garage at northwest corner of Illinois and Route 25. Pick-up point will be at the parking lot entrance.
• Fox Valley Park District Cole Center. This is across the street from McCullough Park and the Prisco Community Center. You may want to walk. Pick-up will be near the front door of the Cole Center.
What to Bring:
• We are NOT doing electronic recycling this year. For locations of other recycling facilities please go to http://www.countyofkane.org/Recycling/Pages/electronics/otherLocations.aspx
• Kane County Recycles will be holding their Recycling Extravaganza the same day as the GreenFest, on June 11th. Please go their website: http://www.countyofkane.org/Recycling/Pages/electronics/electronicsBooks.aspx to find out what they are accepting. You can recycle there and then come to the GreenFest!
• Please bring all of these things to the GreenFest:
o Cellphones. These are for Mutual Ground clients. The phones are programmed to call 911 incase of an emergency.
o Medications: Fox Metro Water Reclamation District will be doing a medication take-back inside.
o Gently used women’s business clothing. These are being collected by the Aurora Actionnaires for women in need to use for job interviews.
o Dart will be collecting Foam #6 (sometimes called Styrofoam).
o Used Books: American Association of University Women.
ο Fox Metro Water Reclamation District: medication take-back for any unwanted medicine.
Rain or Shine!
“Growing Greener Every Day”
Check out our Greenlight News section for the latest news on this year’s Aurora Greenfest. Exciting additions this year!
September 22 @ Prisco Community Center 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Now in our 9th year, the Aurora GreenFest is the longest running greenfest of its kind. We offer common sense solutions for Aurora & Fox River Valley!
Our 2018 program is still in progress — Take a Look at last year’s 2017 GreenFest Program and check out these highlights from the day:
GreenFest highlights presented by GreenLife Media Group and Friends!
Find regional sources for healthy food, products, and services.
Learn about renewable sources for clean energy and fair trade manufactured goods.
Community Trade Show – 100+ Exhibitors! Feria Comunitaria!
Children’s Eco-Village – Explore & Enjoy! Actividades Para Niños!
Local Farmers | Granjeros Locales
Clean Energy Solutions | Energía Alternativa
Nature & Conservation | Exhibición de la Naturaleza
Green Car, Truck & Bike Expo | Carros Ecológicos
Recycling Extravaganza | Evento de Reciclaje